“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” ~ Matthew 5:16
A new year. A new beginning. A new opportunity to live out your faith and to draw closer to God. But where to begin with this seemingly daunting task? Here are a few suggestions:
- It begins with prayerful discernment. Take time in 2017 to ask God for His daily direction for you, and take time to listen for His gentle voice. Sometimes it comes in the form of an unexpectedly opened door. And sometimes in the form of a door slammed shut.
- Join a study group. Have you thought about joining a Bible study group at your church, but keep coming up with reasons not to? Perhaps it is time to set them aside. Keep in mind, HOPE3’s Bible Study always has room for new participants.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Be mindful of the many blessings that surround you, even on your darker days.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7
- Seek out wholesome fellowship opportunities. Experience the presence of God where two or more believers are gathered. HOPE3’s monthly Family Fun is a great place to start.
- Start your adventure! Seek out new opportunities for service, worship and ministry. We hope you will be blessed in your endeavors!
What will 2017 hold in store for you?